Henkel Art.Award. 2009 – Application materials:
– Curriculum vitae and artistic career (in English or in German, age limit: 40)
– 5 – 10 works of art submitted in the form of photos, folders and/or art catalogues (maximum size A3), slides and DVDs. No original works of art are to be sent to Henkel!
– All works of art must have originated after the year 2006
– Only artists from the following countries are eligible to participate: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
The international jury will select the five best artists as the finalists to win the Henkel Art.Award., choosing among the works of art sent by the three nominated artists from the individual countries as well as artists applying directly to Henkel in Vienna in those countries which do not have their own local jury. The artworks of the five finalists will be exhibited in Vienna for several days in November 2009. Within the context of this exhibition, the Henkel Art.Award. 2009 of EUR 7,000—will be bestowed on one of the five artists designated as finalists.
The winner of the Henkel Art.Award. 2009 will also have the privilege of participating in a separate exhibition of his or her works of art, accompanied by an exhibition catalogue, to be held in the Museum Moderner Kunst Stiftung Ludwig in Vienna in 2009. In addition, Henkel will finance an exhibition of the prize winner in his or her homeland.
Artists will not be paid a fee for taking part in the exhibition in Vienna (or the exhibition in the home country). The submitted works of art will be returned to the respective artists after the jury session or after the presentation of the five nominated finalists in Vienna.
• No fees will be paid to the artists for participating in the competition!
• No liability can be assumed for any loss or damage to the works of art.
• Artists will be reimbursed for transport costs of up to EUR 150,—.
Entries for the Henkel Art.Award.2009 are to be submitted by June 8, 2009 at the latest (date of postmark) to Henkel CEE – local Henkel office
David Ferenc utca. 6