CIMAM – International Committee of ICOM for Museums and Collections of Modern and Contemporary Art – is pleased to offer approximately twenty-four grants to support the attendance of contemporary visual art professionals from emerging and developing economies to CIMAM\’s 2011 Annual Conference ‘Museums and the City’ that will be held in Ljubljana and Zagreb November 14 to 16, 2011. We expect an audience of around 170 museum directors and curators from more than 40 countries.
CIMAM 2011 TRAVEL GRANT GUIDELINES & APPLICATION
About the Funding
Funding for the CIMAM Travel Grants has been generously provided by The Getty Foundation and the Fundación Cisneros/Colección Patricia Phelps de Cisneros.
Grants are restricted to modern and contemporary art curators and museum directors who work in emerging and developing economies. While curators of all career levels are encouraged to apply, we are especially interested in receiving applications from junior curators (less than 10 years experience).
The per-grant amount will be established on a case-by-case basis with a maximum of 2.000 Euros for participant awarded. Support is limited to covering registration, travel and lodging expenses (economy class) and post-tour. Applications for this support must be made via email to the executive director at DEADLINE July 1, 2011 providing:
· Application form completed, including breakdown of costs, and listing other sources of funding sought or obtained for the proposed project.
· Curriculum vitae including publications, paper presentations, and exhibitions curated in the past five years, as well as any other information relevant to the proposal.
· Two letters of recommendation submitted by professionals or scholars from institutions who are familiar with the applicant’s professional qualifications.
· A brief biography of no more than 500 words
· Grant recipients must submit a written report describing their experiences and outcomes.
Applications will be considered by CIMAM’s Travel Grant Committee. The Committee reserves the right to wait until the outcomes of other applications for funding are known.
For further information, please visit our website at www.cimam.org
+ 34 93 418 31 83