Call for Entries: Genius Loci Weimar Festival
Contestants are invited to submit their artistic concepts by 23:59h (CET) on 23 March 2016, including:
– a thirty-second audiovisual video clip (HD)
– an explanatory text (max. 300 words)
– a letter of motivation from the participant or group, including a self-description and appropriate references. As part of the application process, this text will be professionally edited to produce a definitive self-description (max. 300 words) – details of the support team and designated representatives
The three best submissions will be awarded the commission:
– Commissions will comprise the creation of a 10-15 minute long high-resolution audio-visual production to be presented in the form of video mapping on the respective locations during the festival weekend (12 to 14 August 2016).
– A budget of 15,000 euros will be made available for the completion of each prize-winning submission
– Productions will be of the highest technical and artistic quality
Key requirements for the Genius Loci Weimar competition:
– An innovative composition in the form of an audio-visual video mapping, with particular observance paid to the Genius Loci.
– An individual, original and sophisticated handling of the spirit of the location with respect to history and architecture, as well as to the people who were active there and who have influenced the surroundings, and to historical events that have left visible or invisible traces.
– The conscious omission of erratic gimmickry and showmanship, intrusive clichés and careless historical retelling.