A Strabag Artaward International a 40 év alatti képzőművészek festészeti és grafikai munkásságát népszerűsítő díj. A díj a korábbi Strabag Művészeti Díj örököse, amelyet osztrák, illetve magyar művészeknek ítéltek oda az elmúlt években.
Az új díjat négy ország művészei között osztják szét, miközben a résztvevő országok három évente cserélődnek. (A Strabag SE anyaországaként Ausztria állandó résztvevő.) A résztvevő országok 2009–2010 között: Ausztria, Magyarország, Cseh Köztársaság és Szlovákia. A pályázónak 40 év alattinak kell lennie, részt kellett vennie szakmai művészképzésben. A három digitálisan beküldött pályaműnek 2008–2010 között kellett készülni, méretük pedig nem haladhatja meg a 2,5×2 métert. Pályázni csak festménnyel vagy grafikával lehet, installációkkal, videókkal, digitális printekkel és fotókkal nem. A fődíj 15 000 euró, de négy 5000 eurós díjat is kioszt a szakmai zsűri. Pályázni 2010. február 11.–március 7. között lehet a www.strabag-kunstforum.at weboldalon.
A díjátadó ünnepséget 2010. június 17-én rendezik.
A részletes pályázati kiírás angolul olvasható:
STRABAG ARTAWARD INTERNATIONAL
RULES OF AWARD
The Strabag Artaward International is an award for the promotion of art in the fields of painting and drawing for artists of up to 40 years of age.
This award succeeds to the former Strabag Artaward, which had been awarded to Austrian artists over the last 13 years. The new award will be given away to artists from four countries, with the participating countries changing every three years. Austria as the home country of Strabag SE is a permanent starter.
PARTICIPATING COUNTRIES 2009 – 2011:
AUSTRIA, HUNGARY, CZECH REPUBLIC, SLOVAKIA
From 2009 to 2011 artists from Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia are eligible to take part in the Strabag Artaward International.
1. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION / RECOURSE TO THE LAW
• Eligible to take part in this award are artists from Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia. Participants must either be citizens of one of the four countries or must have had permanent residence there for at least 5 years.
• At the time, when the Artaward is presented on 17 June 2010, participants must not have had their 41st birthday (birthday after 17 June 1969).
• A precondition for taking part in this award is that the artist has had a systematic, artistic education (students or graduates of art academies, colleges or universities). Self-taught artists are not eligible to take part.
• Any recourse to courts of law in connection with an application is excluded. With their participation, all participants accept the judgment of the jury. Every participant is a copyright holder within the meaning of Art. 10, par.1 of the Austrian Copyright Law.
• Even if prize-winning, the submitted works of art will remain the property of the participant. However, the participant agrees, without limitation or qualification, that in connection with the Strabag Artaward his/her works of art may be presented, photographed and displayed free-of-charge.
• Works of art submitted must not have been awarded any public prize (given away by a territorial authority) and have to be in personal property of the artist.
The main prize of the Artaward is EUR 15,000.
In addition, there are four runners-up prizes of EUR 5,000 each.
After the award ceremony and the collective exhibition of all the prize-winning works, each of the five winners will get a solo exhibition at the Artlounge of the Strabag Haus in Vienna.
Works of art of the award winners will be bought for the Strabag Artcollection.
The nominated artists are invited to stay as artists-in-residence at the Strabag Artstudio.
3. ONLINE APPLICATION / WWW.STRABAG-KUNSTFORUM.AT : 11 FEB – 7 MAR 2010
Artists interested in participating can apply online at www.strabag-kunstforum.at (artaward) from 11 February to 7 March 2010. All applicants have to adhere strictly the rules of award.
The application form must be filled in correctly in German or English according to the instructions provided on the Internet.
The following entries are mandatory:
• Short biography, exhibitions
• Three digital photos of the works of art intended to be entered into the competition with techniques, dimensions and insurance values stated. The works of art must date from 2008 to 2010 and must not be bigger than 2.50 m x 2 m. Eligible artistic media are painting and drawing (no thematic specifications). Installations, videos, digital prints or photo art are not admitted.
• Maximum three images of older works to supplement the application (optional).
PRELIMINARY JURY ONLINE: 8 MARCH – 6 APRIL 2010
The preliminary jury is made up of the same members as the final jury (see fig. 6.). On the basis of the material submitted online, the preliminary jury selects the candidates who will then be presented to the final jury. From 8 April 2010, all artists invited to take part in the final round will be notified in writing and will receive all further information for submitting their original works. Gallery of nominees: www.strabag-kunstforum.at (artaward)
SUBMISSION OF ORIGINALS: 19 – 21 APRIL 2010
All artists invited to the final round must submit the three originals specified in the online application. The submitted originals must be marked on the back with the labels received by mail / post. The artist him/herself must organize and bear all costs and risks of delivery of the works of art to and from the Strabag office. The works of art are insured from the date of their arrival at the respective Strabag head office until the date when they are collected again.
The works of art of participants not living in Austria must be delivered to the Strabag head office of the respective country (see page 3) between 19 and 21 April 2010 (Monday to Wednesday: 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.) From there, the works of art are collectively forwarded to Vienna.
The works of art of Austrian participants must, without exception, arrive at the Artlounge in the attic of the Strabag Haus between 19 and 21 April 2010 (Monday to Wednesday: 9 a.m.- 4p.m.).
In the case of large-format pieces (2m+) please call 01/22422-1848 to give prior notice of delivery.
6. FINAL JURY, STRABAG ARTLOUNGE VIENNA: 29 APRIL 2010
On 29 April 2010, the jury will come together at the Strabag Artlounge in Vienna to select the winners of the Strabag Artaward International. Following this, all participants will be informed of the nominations/return of the originals. The winner of the Artaward and the four other nominated artists will be announced at the award ceremony in June.
Barnabás Bencsik, Director of Ludwig Museum, Budapest
Zsolt Petrányi, Director of Mücsarnok, Kunsthalle Budapest
Karel Císař, curator, expert of young art, Prague
Taťjana Langášková, Director of Czech Centre, Vienna
Juraj Čarný, curator, gallerist, Bratislava
Beata Jablonská, curator, arthistorian, Academy of Fine arts and Design, Bratislava
Carl Aigner, Director, Landesmuseum Lower Austria, President of ICOM Austria
Edith Raidl, expert and collector of contemporary Austrian art, Vienna
Wilhelm Weiss, Barbara Baum, Director and curator, Strabag Kunstforum
COLLECTION OF ORIGINALS: 10 – 12 MAY 2009
The works of art of participants not living in Austria will be returned to the respective Strabag head offices and are to be collected from there from 10 to 12 May 2010 (Monday to Wednesday: 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.)
The works of art of the Austrian participants must, without exception, be collected from the Artlounge in the attic of the Strabag Haus from 10 to 12 May 2010 (Monday to Wednesday: 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.)
8. AWARD CEREMONY: 17 JUNE 2010