CACIS “El Forn de la Calç” in Calders (Catalonia, Spain) invites artists to apply for a residence and conduct a research project during 2012.
CACIS “El forn de la calç” hosts visual arts projects, performing arts, performance, thinking, intervention in the landscape and searches for new languages related to sustainability and protecting the natural environment. The residence in CACIS has basic conditions for research and study in nature, for the artist to find the conditions of space, and equipment suitable concentration. The space is located at 5 km from the village of Calders and 2.5 km of village of Artés. The city of Manresa is about 25 minutes and enjoys privileged views of Montserrat and the Pyrenees.
The residences include accommodation of artists (maximum 4) and work space for a minimum of 7 days and a maximum of 90 days. Do not include the displacement or diets.
The Centre can help artists to make the necessary contacts with local people andsuppliers of materials and services related to their research and enhance liaison with the social environment with the preparation of workshops and seminars related to proposed projects.
The artists who wish to pursue this call should email the following documents:
* Contact of project leader
* Number of participants
* Timetable for which residence is sought; alternative option (if any)
* Spaces required (accommodation / work room / outdoors)
* A letter of intent with an explicit text in which the artist is committed, if selected, to make residence in the requested extension
* Letter or letters of recommendation from other centres or workplaces
* A description of the project (maximum 3 sheets with a maximum 3-JPG-format photos)
* A short CV (max. 1 page)
Applications for 2012 can be submitted until 30 November 2011. The jury is composed of professionals and the team of the Centre. Resolution of the call: December 30, 2011. The result of the call will be communicated by email and made public in CACIS website.
Read more on www.cacis.cat